Sunday 22 November 2015

Getting Back on Track

2015 has been the year of travel, all in all I’ve been away for work or vacation each month, excluding September, which has meant less time in the kitchen and too much time over indulging. I continually struggle to make the right food choices whilst on the road or when eating out so now I’m making a concerted effort to get myself and Mr E back on track.

Taking my own advice I’m making a plan and I’m more determined than ever to stick to it! With just one month until my next travels to Hong Kong there is not much time to achieve the goals I’ve set out – but nothing ventured….

So here’s my 5 day menu plan:-


Breakfast
Lunch
Snack
Dinner
Mon
Strawberry, kiwi fruit and banana smoothie
Potato salad (natural yoghurt, lime juice & herbs) + carrot & cabbage slaw
Apple
cucumber
Mixed salad leaves & beetroot
Mediterranean vegetable and lentil lasagne (no cheese)
Tues
Porridge oats with blackberry compot
Cauliflower & Chickpea Salad, (with orange, prune, rocket, almond + olive oil)

Spiced baked duck breast (skin and fat removed)
With mixed leaves & shredded red cabbage
Weds
Scrambled eggs florentine with tomatoes/basil.
beetroot, pineapple, ginger & coconut water blend
Green mango salad (with carrot, yellow pepper, white cabbage and lime juice & splash of sesame oil)
Kiwi fruit
1.5 beetroot burgers with barley and pumpkin salad (with  herbs, red onion, orange juice and red wine vinegar)
Thurs
Natural yoghurt with raspberry compot and homemade granola
fresh pineapple blend
Red cabbage, herb and carrot salad
Banana
Dinner out  - chili con carne and small portion of chips
Fri
Muesli with banana & milk,
Orange juice
2 slices of dark rye Ryvita with butter and marmite
Kiwi fruit
Apple
Grilled fish with lemon caper butter, homemade oven chips + pea and broccoli mash     

                      




  


We’re still going to keep up the good plan over the weekend with a pumpkin stack prepared, humous with vegetable croutons, a variety of salads and maybe a small piece of carrot cake for a Sunday afternoon treat!

My thanks go out to the inspiration received from Delicious Mag, Chef Jo Pratt and BBC Vegetarian Christmas Mag - plenty of healthy eating, delightful recipes to follow - check my recipe file for the latest...

No comments:

Post a Comment